Shalom Yah Fam.
It's time to usher in the New "Secular" Year. 2017 is now here and every person should take inventory of their life; I know that I am.
This is my 2017 New Year's Praise and Prayer at YahshuaUniversity. At the top of my list of self-improvements for 2017 is to grow even closer to our Creator and Savior than ever before. First and foremost, this is a, personal, priority for me. I truly want to deepen my relationship with Yahweh Elohim through His Son Yahshua The True Messiah.
Why is a personal Relationship with our Creator at the top of my list?
It is written in Deuteronmy 6:4-9
4. Hear, O Israel: Yahweh our Elohim is one:
5. And you shall love Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
6. And these words, which I command you this day, shall be in your heart:
7. And you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up.
8. And you shall bind them for a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
9. And you shall write them upon the posts of your house, and on your gates.
Also on my 2017 list of "personal" improvements is to work harder at being a better husband to my wife and a better father to my sons. No man is ever 100% perfect in these areas, especially me. So, I don't lie to myself. I recognize that these are two areas, like a beautiful garden, that needs constant pruning and tending. Hey, I'm just telling the truth to shame the devil.
I'm publicly sharing my 2017 New Year's Praise and Prayer at YahshuaUniversity to help others to recognize and face their own shortcomings in order them to grow. Life is a journey, not a destination.
Even the Apostle Paul said to "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling"
Paul meant that we must take inventory of our lives and the growth of our faith. He was not saying that we are to create our own righteousness and standards for salvation. Instead, we are to examine ourselves and pull up, by the roots, all of the weeds and thorns that defiles us and prevents us from being in close relationship with our Creator, Yahweh.
Yahshua stated in Matthew 15:18-20
18. "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the
heart; and they defile the man.
19. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries,
fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20. These are the things which defile a man:"
As you can see, we are to tend the garden of our lives.
What areas in your life are in need of self-improvement and working out?
Servant Emannu'el Branch, a son of Yahweh and one of the redeemed of Yahshua the true Messiah. A sign to help all nations and tongues, without regard to race, color, or gender get prepared to meet the original Creator and Son face-to-face and name-to-name. This is my purpose.